TESSA as OER: The collaborative creation, development and use of OERs in teacher education
OERs and partnership are at the heart of TESSA activity. Studies relating to this theme explore, compare and analyse how the TESSA OERs are created, adapted and implemented across the network.
Papers, presentations and publications
- Buidling an annual TESSA OER forum for continuous improvement competency of ‘a classroom teacher’: The Uganda chapter. Juliana Bbuye
- Improving the learning of science in secondary schools in Kenya using TESSA science OERS. Patricia Wambugu and Fred Keraro
- Science teaching and learning using TESSA material – an experience from the implementation in Tanzanian context. Simon Shaya and Francis William
- Adapting OERs for professional communities: The Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa experience Freda Wolfenden and Alison Buckler, 2012
- Harnessing OERs for professional development programmes: The case of the TESSA materials in the use of the Diploma in Primary Teacher Education of OUT Cornelia Muganda, 2011
- OER adaptation and reuse across cultural contexts in sub-Saharan Africa: lessons from the TESSA consortium Freda Wolfenden, Alison Buckler and Fred Keraro
- Harnessing open educational resources to the challenges of teacher education in Sub-Saharan Africa Jayshree Thakrar, Freda Wolfenden and Denise Zinn, 2009
- The TESSA OER Experience: Building sustainable models of production and user implementation Freda Wolfenden, 2008
- OERs in Sub-Saharan Africa – an appropriate response to the challenge of Education for All? The TESSA experience in Zambia Gareth Dart, 2011
- Capturing changes in Sudanese teachers’ practice using reflective photography Freda Wolfenden and Alison Buckler, 2011
- Using OERs to improve teacher quality: emerging findings from TESSA Freda Wolfenden, Abdurrahman Umar, Jessica Aguti and Amani Abdel Gafar, 2010
- Leadership support for school based professional development for primary school teachers: the use of TESSA OERs in schools in Kenya Jane Cullen, Fred Keraro and Joseph Wamutitu, 2012. Paper presented at ICET, UCC Ghana.
- The context of using TESSA OERs in Egerton University's teacher education programmes Joseph M. Wamutitu, Fred N. Keraro, Johnson M. Changeiywo and Jane Cullen, 2011